Saturday, September 5

Watching Movies in Class

Ok, so Thursday I had one of my classes watch a movie called paperclips (find it at: Paper Clips) about a middle school which started a program to help themselves raise intercultural awareness. So I found out in August that I was taking on another class that would be linked (have some kind of common course content or assignment or something) with an english class. The person who had been playing the class before me had already worked with their english class partner and come up with their common course content. So when I inherited the class, I kept the content the same.

And then I started watching the movie on Thursday with the class... now, don't go thinking it's some kind of racy movie, it's not. Anyhow, so here I am, watching this movie and it's boring the stuffing out of my students. I can tell. I think the idea is pretty neat and a great way to really learn, had you been taking part of the project with the middle school. But parts of the movie were kinda dull and repetitive and water down the message the documentary was trying to convey. Maybe the end of the movie will bring more information and enlightenment on intercultural issues. Here's to hoping on Tuesday!

No comments: