Tuesday, September 8

The power of education

Today I took a minute. I paused. I read Barack Obama's speech. You know, the one that he wouldn't release ahead of time. The one that has caused all sorts of controvesy. The one meant to inspire today's youth to become successful Americans. Yeah, that one. That speech is awesome. Even though I didn't get a chance to veiw it on television, I still read it online. From my perspective, as an educator, I feel it isn't a political message, it's a motivational message. And I think even college students, young adults, retirees, etc. should all read it and reflect on the inspiration it tries to convey. Move past the politicking for a minute and realize, education is a great thing, and it's the one thing that CANNOT be taken from you. So please, today, take a minute and read the President's speech. This is why I do what I do. I want to help student's become successful. This speech gave me inspiration to go back into the classroom on Thursday and continue to motivate my students to work hard and be successful in college so they can be the next great generation.

'Click to veiw the President's speech'

No comments: