Sunday, November 29

A Thanksgiving Moment

I went to Justin's mom's house for Thanksgiving this year. It was my first ever visit to Walterboro, SC and I was pretty excited. I was looking forward to all the spectacular "redneck" stuff Justin promised me Walterboro would bring. He showed me around the great little area of Hendersonville, SC and pointed out all his haunts from when he was a kid. I looked forward to his mom dragging out the baby books so I could ooh and aww over Justin's baby photo's. I even expected there to be some exercising of our 2nd amendment rights (and BTW, did you buy a gun on friday or saturday? B/C in SC guns were tax free).

I DID NOT expect to share my Thanksgiving dinner with the stinkbugs however!!!

There I was sitting at the dinner table enjoying my turkey dinner and headed down the road to a food coma, when out of the corner of my eye I see this gray insect crawling along the table cloth below my mounds of food on my plate!!! I freaked out only a little bit... ok, I really screamed and shoved my chair back (into the china cabinet) trying to get away from the little freak. Once I realized the stink bug had me cornered (because I could push my chair that far), I got out of there and ran into the living room. and proceeded to giggle furiously at my hysterical overreaction to this little bug. Eventually everyone (myself, mainly) calmed back down after the stink bug was removed from the premises, and we proceeded to finish dinner. Later Justin's brother's fiance thanked me for the bit of excitement and distraction from talking about her wedding details. All in all, totally a Turkey Day worth remembering! Let's hope next year it's just guns on Thanksgiving, not bugs!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This makes me look really bad....